Copyright Guildford Spike WI 2013
EASY CRUMBLE Serves 4 - By Sara Lyndsey
1. Topping – 1 cup plain flour
2. 1 cup rolled oats
3. 1 cup brown sugar
4. 1 cup cubed cold butter or ¾ cup walnut oil
5. 1 tsp cinnamon, mixed spice or ginger
6. Filling – 6 cups fruit (e.g a mixture of any of the following chopped apple, pear, rhubarb or plums, raspberries, apricots, blackberries)
7. 2 tbsp water
8. 2tbsp sugar
9. Good pinch of cinnamon, mixed spice or ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas mark 4.
2 Mix all the filling ingredients into a bowl. If using the butter make sure that it has been rubbed in to be halfway between breadcrumbs and lumps.
3. Mix the prepared fruit, sugar and spice into a baking dish. Sprinkle over the water.
4. Spread the topping over the fruit evenly.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Leave to stand about 15 minutes before serving.